Genre: Drama, History
During 1993’s Operation Restore Hope in Somalia, a young sailor goes from naive innocent to battle weary veteran when he is inexplicably sent to join a combat Marine mission aimed at feeding a starving nation which quickly turns from a humanitarian effort to escalating clan warfare.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s a true story based on a captured Saddam Hussein and Kyle, a seasoned American interrogator must come to grips with the extraordinarily brutal events that force the question, was the monster Saddam born or
created by circumstance?
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama / biopic.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s an interesting and true story that directly affects the world’s situation today.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Shawshank Redemption
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Going to California – Led Zeppelin
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The re-write process.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family and sports.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox